Name your favourite song about drink*. It’s either really easy ‘cos there’s so bloody many of them or it’s really hard ‘cos there’s so bloody many of them. And not just alcohol either, coffee has plenty, tea gets a mention in a fair few, milkshakes too, hell even water has songs about it. But ask the same question about food and it gets a bit trickier. But fear not AWG is here to help, so without further ado here are five songs to chew upon:
1. Bacon, Egg and Cheese on Toast with Sriracha – Psychostick: The inspiration for the list, the title says it all – quite literally.
2. Pork and Beans -Weezer: I don’t think it’s a euphemism for male genitalia…
3. Roast Fish and Cornbread – Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry: I’m not saying he definitely had the munchies when he wrote this, but it’s a possibility, right?
4. Jambalaya (On the Bayou) – Hank Williams: Personally I prefer to cook my jambalaya on the hob but who am I to argue with the king of country?
5. Eat It – Weird Al Yankovic: Of course.
*mine’s probably Take This Bottle by Faith No More.